- in Mandala 1 comprises 191 hymns. Hymn 1.1 is addressed to Agni, and his name is the first word of the Rigveda.
- The end of the period is commonly estimated to have occurred about 500 BCE.
- The Vedas are the oldest available scriptures of Hinduism
- The earliest history of the Aryans in India is called the Rigvedic Period (1700-1000 BC)
- the more ancient Vedic Sanskrit (assumed to have been spoken from approximately 1500-200 B.C.) and Classical Sanskrit (approximately 500 B.C.- 1000 A.D.).
- Vedic Sanskrit literature developed first in an oral form.
- The Rig-veda is the oldest, consisting primarily of religious hymns; the Sama-veda is the veda of chants, the Yajur-veda the veda of prayers; finally, the Atharva-veda contains the lore of the Atharvans. From 600 BC, in the classical period of Iron Age Ancient India, Vedic Sanskrit gave way to Classical Sanskrit as defined by the grammar of Panini.
- Based on philological and linguistic evidence, the Rigveda was composed roughly between 1700�1100 BC.
- the Sapta Sindhu region (a land of seven great rivers) which is the region around present-day Punjab, putting it among the world's oldest religious texts in continued use, as well as among the oldest texts of any language.
- The chief gods of the Rigveda are Indra, Agni, and Soma.
Jobs by qualification
Jobs by sectore
Tagged with: INDIAN HISTORY
Hemraj sehra is Founder and CEO at livelatest.in, Our team trying to make an online platform for students, who will get easily all information at one place.
Last Date to Apply Online: 14-09-2014, 5:00 PM. Naval Dockyard Mumbai Recruitment 2014 – Apply Online for 548 Tradesman Mate Posts: Na...
CNBC Awaz live, Stock live price and LIVE TV News Latest business news History of Indian stock market PE ratio Calculation...
Today I’m discussed how you can make editable ms word document from scan documents. Many time we want to make a editable ms word document f...
Dear friends today I will tell you easy trick for balance transfer from one mobile to another mobile but make sure both mobiles should be s...
Application form last date till: 21/November/2014 while For Remote Areas last date: 28/November/2014 ITBP RECRUITEMTN 2014 —76 Constable (...
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 30-09-2014 till 05:45 P.M. ZP Kolhapur Recruitment 2014 – 194 Gram Sevak, Attendant, Health Wor...
An idiom is a common word or phrase with a culturally understood meaning that differs from what its composite words' denotation...
The places of subject and object in sentence are inter-changed in passive voice. 3rd form of verb (past participle) will be used only...
Airport, Highest - Lhasa Airport, Tibet Animal, biggest - Blue Bottom whale Animal, Fastest - Cheetah Animal, Tallest - Giraffe ...
Last Date for Online Registration: 15-09-2014 DSW Maharashtra Recruitment 2014 – Apply Online for 402 Jr & Sr Clerk, Warden & O...
10th 12th Accountant Administrative service Admit card Agriculture Andhra Pradesh Andman & Nicobar Apps Arunachal Pradesh Assam Awards B.E/B.Tech B.Ed Bank Basic G.K Bihar BLOGGER Career Guide Chhattisgarh Clerk Courses Current Affairs Defense&police Engineer Engineering English Grammar Finance First Free software Gadgets Geography of India GEOGRAPHY OF WORLD Goa Graduate Graduate in Law Gujarat Haryana Himachal Pradesh History HISTORY OF WORLD HOW TO INDIAN HISTORY IT & Computer science ITI Jammu and Kashmi Jharkhand Karnataka Kerala Latest Articles Law Madhya Pradesh Maharashtra Make Money Manipur MBBS Medical Meghalaya Mizoram Nagaland New Recruitment Notice Odisha POLITICAL SCIENCE Post Graduate or above Private/Limited jobs Puducherry Punjab Q and A Quiz Railway Rajasthan Results Sikkim Smartphone SSC STOCK MARKET ARTICLE IN HINDI Stock market for beginner Syllabus Tamil Nadu Teacher & professor Tech News Telangana Tripura Uttar Pradesh Uttarakhand West Bengal समसामयिकी सामान्य ज्ञान Q and A