- in Mandala 1 comprises 191 hymns. Hymn 1.1 is addressed to Agni, and his name is the first word of the Rigveda.
- The end of the period is commonly estimated to have occurred about 500 BCE.
- The Vedas are the oldest available scriptures of Hinduism
- The earliest history of the Aryans in India is called the Rigvedic Period (1700-1000 BC)
- the more ancient Vedic Sanskrit (assumed to have been spoken from approximately 1500-200 B.C.) and Classical Sanskrit (approximately 500 B.C.- 1000 A.D.).
- Vedic Sanskrit literature developed first in an oral form.
- The Rig-veda is the oldest, consisting primarily of religious hymns; the Sama-veda is the veda of chants, the Yajur-veda the veda of prayers; finally, the Atharva-veda contains the lore of the Atharvans. From 600 BC, in the classical period of Iron Age Ancient India, Vedic Sanskrit gave way to Classical Sanskrit as defined by the grammar of Panini.
- Based on philological and linguistic evidence, the Rigveda was composed roughly between 1700�1100 BC.
- the Sapta Sindhu region (a land of seven great rivers) which is the region around present-day Punjab, putting it among the world's oldest religious texts in continued use, as well as among the oldest texts of any language.
- The chief gods of the Rigveda are Indra, Agni, and Soma.
Jobs by qualification
Jobs by sectore
Jobs by State
- Andhra Pradesh
- Andman & Nicobar
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmi
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
Tagged with: INDIAN HISTORY
WHY JOIN LIVELATEST.IN
1. LIVELATEST ALWAYS SEND OFFICIAL WEBSITES VERIFIED NOTIFICATION
2. LIVELATEST IS NEW BUT SEND FASTEST INFORMATION AS SOON AS UPDATE ON OFFICIAL WEBSITE
3. LIVELATEST IS NEVER SEND SPAM/RUMORS OR TOO MUCH NOTIFICATION
4. WE RESOLVE USER’S PROBLEM WITH IN 24 HOURS
5. WE PROVIDE EASY NAVIGATION SO YOU GET ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION IN FIVE SECOND